NFL Picks – Week Six

Quick Disclaimer: Like the power rankings, the weekly NFL picks are going to be retired after this week. Starting next week I will be previewing the upcoming matchup for the Bills in horrific detail. Along with those previews, I will give my weekly picks, along with Scott's picks and our fantasy bet update. I simply won't be writing something about each game because as you can see below, some games are better left ignored completely.

Seattle Seahawks @ Chicago Bears – I tried to come up with something for this game but I really have nothing. I hope it's low scoring so the NFL Redzone channel doesn't show any of it. (Seattle)

Baltimore Ravens @ New England Patriots – It's funny how the Patriots work. They got rid of a bad locker room presence in Randy Moss for a 3rd round pick. Then they give up a 4th round pick for ex-Patriot Deion Branch who is probably the happiest person alive to come from Seattle and back home to New England, where he had the most success of his career. And yet, the Patriots somehow prosper from the entire deal. Amazing. However, it doesn't help their horrendous defense so I see a big day for Joe Flacco and the gang. (Baltimore)

Detroit Lions @ New York Giants – The Giants are in a three-way tie for first place in the NFC East at 3-2. I had to look that up as I was typing it because it sounded crazy. They are rolling right now though and in my opinion, the best of the bunch in the East. They should easily beat Detroit and improve to 4-2, setting up a showdown with Dallas where I'm sure they will be looking to completely bury the Cowboys. (NY Giants)

Atlanta Falcons @ Philadelphia Eagles – As of now, I don't think Michael Vick is playing in this game, therefore I'm picking Atlanta. I know this sounds crazy, but I'm thinking Atlanta might be the best team in the NFC right now. If Vick plays, Philly has a legit chance, but I don't like their odds with Kolb. He looked decent against San Francisco but I need to see it against a real team before I'm sold. (Atlanta)

Cleveland Browns @ Pittsburgh Steelers – Poor Colt McCoy. He finally gets his first NFL start and he is going to get annihilated by Pittsburgh's defense. I would be surprised if the Browns even mustered six points in this game. McCoy could end up having a promising NFL career, but this game will most likely derail it. (Pittsburgh)

Miami Dolphins @ Green Bay Packers – After getting their first two wins on the road and starting out 2-0, Miami fell back down to pretender status with two straight home losses (to division teams). Maybe it's a good thing Miami goes back on the road, but this game will really depend on whether or not Aaron Rodgers plays. If he doesn't, the Packers are screwed. I'm also not a fan of Green Bay's running game right now. But hey, good thing they held out for Marshawn Lynch. I'm picking Miami but I still think they are a pretender in the grand scheme of things. (Miami)

San Diego Chargers @ St. Louis Rams – I don't like the Rams in this game at all. They are improving but they showed last week in Detroit that they're still a long ways away. San Diego has struggled once again to start this season and I'm sure they'll be looking to take it out on the Rams after last week's debacle against Oakland. (San Diego)

New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Super Bowl hangover + Madden cover = Trouble in New Orleans. Tampa Bay literally stole a win last week against the Bengals thanks to crappy Carson Palmer. I have to give credit where it's due though – Josh Freeman made some nice plays to get them in position for the win. I like Tampa Bay with the home upset this week. (Tampa Bay)

Kansas City Chiefs @ Houston Texans – Houston has crashed back down to Earth after their hot start. I expected a loss against Dallas but I didn't expect the lifeless performance they gave against the Giants. I can see the Chiefs still being a playoff team thanks to their schedule, but they really aren't that good and Houston should win this game. In fact, they NEED to win this game or I'll file them under the 'pretender' status along with the Dolphins. (Houston)

Oakland Raiders @ San Francisco 49ers – Did anybody see the 49ers owner send out the message that they will still win the NFC West? Normally I'd say he's crazy because the Niners are 0-5 and no team has ever come back from that kind of start to win a division, but…they are playing in the NFC West. A three game deficit to Max Hall and the Cardinals isn't impossible at all. It should make things interesting to watch. I'll be rooting for San Francisco to grab some wins so they don't steal a QB away from Buffalo in the draft. In the meantime, they will be going 0-6 with a loss to Oakland. (Oakland)

New York Jets @ Denver Broncos – I might have been wrong on the Jets. Mark Sanchez wasn't great on Monday night in the elements, but he also refrained from throwing any interceptions and helped the Jets win. It's basically the opposite of what happened last season. My favorite part of that Monday Night game was Revis Island getting toasted by Percy Harvin. Fun times in Jersey. Ouch, my hamstring hurts. (NY Jets)

Dallas Cowboys @ Minnesota Vikings – I know I'm stating the obvious but whoever loses this game is finished when it comes to the playoffs. Both are on the ropes and both need to start winning now. If Minnesota loses, Brett Favre might sit a few games out because "his elbow hurts." I find that excuse awfully convenient. It didn't seem to hurt when he was racing down the field to celebrate with Randy Moss. Did anybody notice how Minnesota totally botched a two point conversion attempt during the game? They had to actually call a timeout to get things straight. It's the year 2010 for crying out loud. Ten year old kids play Madden and know when to go for two. This is getting embarrassing. It's called common sense, not a "when to go for two" conversion chart. (Dallas)

Indianapolis Colts @ Washington Redskins – I have a rule of thumb that I don't pick against the Colts in a night game (unless it's the Super Bowl). The Redskins have been interesting because I don't think they are very good, yet they are 3-2 and have defeated Dallas, Philly and Green Bay; all quality opponents. They could go a long way towards establishing themselves if they can win this, but I don't see it. (Indianapolis)

Tennessee Titans @ Jacksonville Jaguars – How the Jaguars got a home primetime game is beyond me. Combine that with the fact that San Francisco has already had two and I'm convinced that the primetime schedule is made by TV executives throwing darts during the offseason. It makes no sense. (Tennessee)

Last Week: 6-8

Entire Season: 44-30



Scott's Picks –

Seattle Seahawks @ Chicago Bears

Baltimore Ravens @ New England Patriots

Detroit Lions @ New York Giants

Atlanta Falcons @ Philadelphia Eagles

Cleveland Browns @ Pittsburgh Steelers

Miami Dolphins @ Green Bay Packers

San Diego Chargers @ St. Louis Rams

New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Kansas City Chiefs @ Houston Texans

Oakland Raiders @ San Francisco 49ers

New York Jets @ Denver Broncos

Dallas Cowboys @ Minnesota Vikings

Indianapolis Colts @ Washington Redskins

Tennessee Titans @ Jacksonville Jaguars



Last Week: 7-7

Entire Season: 43-31



Fantasy Update: We're still splitting both of our leagues and Scott has the 2-1 lead thanks to the BZ Staff League. We're both 4-1 in that league, but Scott has well over 100 points total over me for the tie-breaker. We play each other in that league so this is my chance to take the 2-1 lead and supremely piss Scott off.

Follow Us

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Topics